1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Purchase will not improve your chances of winning. Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is only open to legal residents of the continental United States residing within 75 miles of the Quad Cities of Iowa and Illinois, age 18 years or older, except employees of Doug’s Heating and Air, (the “Sponsor”) and their respective officers, directors, agents, advertising or promotion agencies, affiliated entities, and their immediate families or household members. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and shall be governed by Illinois law. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants: (i) agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and Regulations, and (ii) agree that Illinois courts have jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to the Sweepstakes and that venue shall only be Moline, Illinois.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Entry period is from May 1, 2012 to September 27, 2012. To enter and to be eligible, participants must: (i) “like” the Doug’s Heating and Air Facebook page (ii) call and schedule a free estimate from Doug’s Heating and Air. Limit one (1) Entry per person.
Sponsor is also not responsible for technical, hardware, telecommunications or software failures of any kind, or other errors or problems which may occur in connection with or relating to the Sweepstakes, whether computer, technical, telephone, mechanical, typographical, human or otherwise, including, without limitation, errors or problems that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes, in any Sweepstakes-related materials or that may limit prize fulfillment or a participant’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or prematurely conclude the Sweepstakes should any malfunction, fraud, tampering, unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond their control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes. False or deceptive Entries or acts will render the participant ineligible and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any participant who attempts to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by tampering with the Sweepstakes procedures, acting in a disruptive manner or violating these Official Rules. Any attempt by an individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorneys’ fees) from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
3. HOW TO WIN: One (1) winner (the “Winner”) will be randomly chosen on-air by a representative of Sponsor on or around September 30, 2012 from all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotional Period. The decisions of the Sponsor will be final and binding on all participants in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received throughout the Promotional Period. Winner will be notified by Sponsor on-air and within ten (10) days of the drawing via either the telephone number or e-mail address provided on his or her Entry. Winner must reply within ten (10) days of notification either via fax, email or by calling the phone number provided upon prize notification, or else an alternate winner will be selected. In the event that the Sweepstakes is canceled or ended prematurely due to the reasons set forth in paragraph 2, above, the Winner shall be randomly chosen by a representative of Sponsor from all eligible Entries received as of the time of the impairment.
4. PRIZES: One Winner will receive a home central air system installed by Doug’s Heating and Air. The approximate market value (“AMV”) of this prize varies by housing situation but is not to exceed Four thousand dollars ($4,000). In the event that the winner has purchased a new air conditioner from Doug’s Heating and Air during the promotional period, the sponsor will reimburse the winner for the cost of their system up to the amount of Four Thousand Dollars ($4,000). The winning house has to be set up for an air conditioning system and electrical is not included with this prize. No substitutions, partial acceptance, transfer of prizes or cash redemptions permitted by the Winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or comparable value in the event a described prize or any portion thereof is unavailable for any reason whatsoever. Winner and winner guests are solely responsible for the reporting and payment of all federal, state and local taxes incurred by acceptance and use of the prize (or any portion thereof), if applicable. All prize details are at Sponsor’s discretion.
5. GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants and their guests: (i) agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding in all matters, (ii) grant Sponsor, Doug’s Heating and Air and their designees the right, unless prohibited by law, to use their names, cities and states of residence, voices, pictures, biographical information and likenesses, without compensation, notification or permission, for the purpose of advertising and publicity in any and all manner or media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, and (iii) represent and warrant that they are not participating in the Sweepstakes in the capacity of a reporter and further represent and warrant that they will not write, blog about, publish or cause to be published any article or book about their participation therein. In order to claim the prize, the Winner: (i) must meet all eligibility requirements, (ii) be required to produce proof of identity, address and birth date, and (iii) must each execute and return (as applicable) certain winner documents, including but not limited to an affidavit of eligibility, tax acknowledgment form, liability release and, except where prohibited by law, use of name and likeness releases. Such documents must be completed in full and returned within seven (7) days of issuance either via facsimile, via .pdf/scanned e-mail or via US registered mail. Failure to do so or if: (i) any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (ii) a Winner declines his or her prize, or (iii) a potential Winner is determined to be ineligible for any reason will result in disqualification of such Winner and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will use reasonable efforts to pick an alternate winner but in the event an alternate winner cannot be determined, the prize will not be awarded. If such is the case, such Winner’s prize may not be awarded.
Sponsor and their respective officers, directors, agents, advertising or promotion agencies, prize providers and affiliated entities expressly disclaim any responsibility and participants agree to hold Sponsor and their respective officers, directors, agents, advertising or promotion agencies and affiliated entities harmless from liability for any injury, disability or loss to any person or property (including allergic reactions and/or death) relating to participation in this Sweepstakes (including the manner in which the Winner is selected and confirmed), the delivery and/or subsequent acceptance, use or misuse of any of the prizes or services awarded and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Neither Sponsor nor their officers, directors, agents, advertising or promotion agencies, prize providers and affiliated entities are responsible for: (i) any loss (financial or otherwise), liability, injury (including death) or damage to persons or property which may be caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the use or misuse of any prize items provided, or (ii) any loss (financial or otherwise), injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused directly or indirectly. Sponsor and their respective officers, directors, agents, advertising or promotion agencies, prize providers and affiliated entities further assume no liability either for the cancellation, modification or premature conclusion of the Sweepstakes for any reason or through the acts or defaults of any company or person providing any prize. All such losses or expenses must be borne by the affected participants and/or Winner.
6. SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is managed by Sponsor, with offices at 4530 River Drive, Moline, IL.