AC units don’t only regulate temperatures; they also contribute to your healthy breathing by improving air quality in your home. This only works if the filter is clean and therefore able to do its job! Cleaning or replacing your AC filter on a regular basis will do wonders for the air you breathe. These are only some of the benefits:
- Well-functioning AC units filter out bacteria, dust, soot, pet dander, and mold spores.
- Clean filters can do wonders if you have severe allergies because they can better filter out whatever triggers your symptoms.
- The same applies to asthma because airborne dust particles are better filtered out.
- Cleaner air generally reduces headaches and fatigue.
- It can also reduce the risk of serious respiratory and cardiovascular events.
- Breathing clean air will ultimately help you live longer!
Dirty filters can additionally block the air flow and tempt you to turn down the thermostat more than usual. The consequences can be felt in your wallet shortly after, so maintaining clean filters actually saves money!
Most AC filters are easy to take out and clean or replace; however, it is best to look over the manual before performing any maintenance work on your unit. When it comes to frequency, we recommend replacing them every 1 -3 months. We also recommend checking and replacing filters of air filtration systems every 3-6 months. This depends on how often you are using the AC or whether you own pets.
Routine cleanings and replacements can greatly optimize the efficiency of your AC unit, save you money on your energy bill, and keep you healthy. If you have any questions throughout the process, Doug’s Heating & Air Conditioning specialists are always happy to help!